Dr. Sarah T. Gille
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- 348 Nierenberg Hall
- University of California San Diego
- La Jolla, CA 92093-0230
- (858) 822-4425 (office)
- (858) 534-9820
Professor Gille earned a BS in physics at Yale and a PhD in physical
oceanography from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology/Woods Hole
Oceanographic Institution Joint Program. She did postdoctoral
research at Scripps Institution of Oceanography and at the University of
East Anglia, and was a faculty member at the University of California, Irvine.
She joined the UCSD faculty in 2000.
- SIO 119: Physics and Chemistry of the Ocean,
- SIO 219: Observational Oceanography Seminar,
Fall 2012 (also
Fall 2001, Winter 2001)
- SIO 221C: Data Analysis Laboratory,
Fall 2012 (also
- MAE 124/ESYS 103: Environmental Challenges: Science and Solutions, Spring 2011.
(Previously known as The Human Earth, and before that Introduction
to Environmental Engineering) (also
- MAE 127: Statistical Methods for Environmental Sciences and Engineering, Spring 2005
- ESYS 10: Introduction to Environmental Systems, Winter 2003 (also Winter 2002)
- SIO 221B: Analysis of Physical Oceanographic Data, Fall 2002 (also Fall 2001)
- STPA 35: Society and the Sea, Spring 2001
PRESENT STUDENTS, POST-DOCS
- Magdalena Carranza, SIO graduate student (2009- ).
- Marina Frants, SIO graduate student (2004-2011), postdoc (2011-2012).
Zajaczkovski, SIO graduate student (2009- ; with Stefan Llewellyn
- Nathalie Zilberman, postdoc (2010- ; with Dean Roemmich).
PAST STUDENTS, POST-DOCS
- Brian Chinn, MAE (MS) graduate student (2003-05), now a PhD student at
- Shenfu Dong, postdoc (2004-2007), now at NOAA-AOML-CIMAS, U. Miami.
- Kyla Drushka, SIO (PhD) graduate student (2005-2011), with Janet Sprintall, post-doc at LOCEAN,
- Shane Elipot,
SIO (PhD) graduate student (2001-06), now at RSMAS, University of Miami
- ChuanLi Jiang, postdoc (2008-2011) with Janet Sprintall, now at Earth and Space Research, Seattle.
- Alexa Griesel, postdoc (2005-2011); with Janet Sprintall, now at University of Hamburg.
- Gordon Stephenson, SIO (PhD) graduate student (2006-2012), with Janet Sprintall, now a post-doc at the University of Bangor, Wales.
- Philip Sura, postdoc (2001-02), now at Florida State University.
- Erik Tang, MAE (BS/MS) graduate student (2008-10), with Julia Muccino,
Lisa Levin, and Bruce Cornuelle).
- Wilbert Weijer, postdoc (2003-05), now at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
HOW TO PREPARE POSTERS AND PROPOSALS ON LINUX SYSTEMS
Back to MAE Home Page
Back to SIO Home Page
Back to SIO/PORD Home Page